Best Practices for Industry-University Collaboration Harvard Case Solution & Analysis

In order to increase the capture of new technical knowledge, many companies are involved in strategic cooperation with universities. But while these partnerships often lead to interesting results of research, insightful white paper, the proposed process or a new computer code, for example, these results are of little or no impact on the business. In fact, the authors of the report, only 40% of projects in cooperation that they studied led to the observed and generally consistent positive impact on the competitiveness of the company party or performance. The remaining 60% of the projects underachieved, at least from a business perspective: the results do not make their way into products or processes or decisions, the impact of the company. The authors report on the results of studies to identify the management of university-industry collaboration, which can increase the impact of research universities for the company. Probability of a successful transformation is the largest, they argue, in companies that have specific procedures for creating value from ideas generated by the universities. Based on their research, they are seven "best practices" that will maximize the likelihood that the cooperation with the University on a research project will produce tangible benefits for the company. They also point to several factors that tend to believe the company will increase the impact, but that in fact do not. "Hide
by Julio A. Pertuze, Edward S. Calder, Edward M. Greitzer, William A. Lucas Source: MIT Sloan Management Review 10 pages. Publication Date: July 1, 2010. Prod. #: SMR360-PDF-ENG

Best Practices for Industry-University Collaboration Case Solution Other Similar Case Solutions like

Best Practices for Industry-University Collaboration

Share This